Growing the Working Landscape
November 8 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Join us for a day of discovering your food and farm business’ model of success.
Growing the Working Landscape is coming to St. Albans on November 8, 2018
We hope you can join us for the 2018 Growing the Working Landscape Conference, happening in St. Albans. This all-day conference will give ample networking opportunities and time to connect to service providers. No matter what your scale, this conference will provide you with the tools to shape your business for profitability and quality of life. Hear how to scale your business and learn the different funding models available to you. Industry leaders will lead discussions on how to make the most of your markets and share their stories of success.
Our full day agenda is packed with opportunities to learn, discover and network. Some highlights include:
- Morning Keynote from Dan Smith, President of the Vermont Community Foundation
- Meat track: What mineral mix will give you better yields and making the most of the Vermont brand
- Hemp: From seed to shelf, is this growing market right for you?
- Is your farm profitable? Farm financial management and enterprise analysis
- Food and Farm Tourism: How to participate in this growing sector
- Funder Fishbowl: What are funders and lenders really looking for and how can you work with them
A delicious local foods lunch provided by The Clean Spoon with a complimentary beer tasting at 14th Star Brewery will keep us sustained for an entire day of learning and opportunity. The conference wraps up with a Service Provider Matchmaker opportunity and more great local tastings.
Thank you to our sponsors: VT Agency of Agriculture, Food, & Markets, Franklin County Industrial Development Corporation, Northwest Regional Planning Commission, and People’s Trust Company